Creator:Kyiv, Ukraine / https://www.istockphoto.com/photo/social-media-apps-logotypes-printed-on-a-cubes-gm1173494837-325964650 | Credit: Kyiv, Ukraine Copyright: © Kyiv, Ukraine
Marketing is a significant element for every type of business. There are several marketing strategies, and content marketing is one of the initial steps for digital marketing to promote the business effectively.
Content marketing includes research, creation, education and publication. By grasping consumers’ interests, a business can be promoted in an accurate way. Social media account, infographic, podcast, and paid ad are the most common strategies that we have seen nowadays.
There are several unbeatable advantages of content marketing.
1. Popularity. Social media has become inseparable in our daily lives in this century. Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube are leading the trends.
2. Cheaper cost. Advertising online cost much lower than those traditional platforms like televisions and newspapers.
3. Brand personality. Brand’s target customer can be recognized easily as the brand’s personality and its target customers will be outlined through their social media’s page and invalid customers will be filtered.
4. Resonance. Despite focusing on the product, posting something which is related to the current situation of the society and gains customers notice
Steps to achieve
1. understand what’s on market. Identify customers’ interest and need by doing research is the initial way to approach the market.
2. Consumer behaviour. Besides telling customers how amazing is the product, grasping customers emotions, preferences and attitudes are the way to boost up the selling.
3. How to be outstanding. While there are different competitors on the market, finding a way to be attractive and can be sparked by customers is very essential.
Content marketing is one of the most effective strategies for businesses to promote themselves in the recent century and future. The competitiveness of it has been growing as it’s promoting purposively and pertinently.
Author: Ng Ka Chun 10513099
(Disclaimer: This content is for the sole purpose of teaching and learning at Edith Cowan University).