Updated: Dec 10, 2020
Your Online Brand Advocates are more than just loyal customers – they are the most authentic, trustworthy and relatable source of information about your brand. Their Online Brand Advocacy (OBA) is a strong, influential, purposeful and non-incentivised online representation of your brand and your brand’s best interest. They are your brand voice, will defend your brand in a time of need, and ‘speak on your behalf’ to their virtual networks. They elicit in-depth brand knowledge, positivity and virtual positive expression of emotion in support of your brand.
So, how do you identify and nurture your Online Brand Advocates? Here are some tips I gave at my recent Australian Marketing Institute webinar:
· Listen to and monitor digital channels for brand mentions
· Initiate and participate in online community discussions
· Be present and engage regularly with online narratives (such as UGC) about your brand
· Encourage and use social proof – customer stories through reviews, ratings, testimonials
· Use brand or campaign-specific hashtags to connect UGC about your brand
· Create integrated, experiential and buzz building campaigns – think shareability factor!