There have been many changes over the years that involve Digital Marketing, and getting to know the basics can seem overwhelming at first, but this post is here to help!
Current trends surrounding digital marketing are the Metaverse and Augmented Digital Reality, Smart Speakers (i.e. Alexa), voice searching and voice recognition, face scanners for security access and financial transactions, and chat bots in customer service. https://digitalmarketinginstitute.com/blog/the-evolution-of-digital-marketing-30-years-in-the-past-and-future
With all of these new forms of technology, comes a multitude of ways for marketers to engage current and prospective customers. Here are 3 Key Takeaways for New Digital Marketers that will help them really grasp the (albeit, sometimes fleeting) attention span of people nowadays.
1. Personalize you Marketing Efforts
When creating marketing content, find ways to personalize your product for individual customers.
- Add customers’ names to emails and other marketing materials
- Send targeted ads to customers based on past purchases/items placed in shopping carts
- Provide discounts and/or incentives for customers who purchase with you
2. Create a Communication Channel
Customers are sure to have questions about your product/service offering.
- Create a customer support channel to allow customers to speak with live staff or bots. They can answer questions about products, services, issues, complaints etc.
- Make the service available 24/7
3. Create Engaging Visual Content
These days, it’s difficult to stand out amongst the crowd. To catch your customer’s attention, create engaging visual content.
- Create videos that showcase your product
- Start a catchy hashtag that allows users to interact with your brand
- Create original content instead of using stock images
- Respond to interactions on social media accounts quickly. Customer engagement is important to customer creation and retention
By Student ID #10546008